Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cough, cough, groan, groan

I started coming down with "it" today. Yeruck.

Took Caden to the doctor this morning as he was retracting. Last time that happened it was a 3 day hospital stay and a pneumonia diagnosis. Not today though. Just...croup. Again. I ended up running back up to the doctor to get another long acting steroid pill as Caden refused to take the first one in applesauce. In fact, if I'm lucky, he may be got half of the second one. He's out and out refused to take medications today. Hold him down did work. Squirting with a syringe didn't work. The spoon didn't work. I'm hoping he got a couple swallows of the three attempts to give him motrin for bed time. I'm not holding my breath though. At least he doesn't seem to have a fever and is sleeping comfortably.

I think I may call the allergist to discuss this with him. I'm concerned his tendency towards croup is turning to asthma rather than just reactive air way. I'm mentioning it to his pediatrician come time for his 2 year appointment too.

We're hanging on for the time being. And crossing our fingers and toes that we are all better by tomorrow morning. So I'll say cheers using my Nyquil in toast!

No comments: