Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring, Spring, Spring!

Yes, its official (well, not by the calendar), its SPRING! It'll be in the 40's all week, and its going to even rain. Robins are a common sight now, the geese have returned, and the snow is almost gone. We've been making sure to get out and run around now that the weather is decent.

I have also been tagging along with my coworker who learned about tapping maple trees for sap and is using her knowledge to tap the trees on campus. It's really neat, and while work intensive, not a complicated process at all. I think we're going to go in halves for supplies for next year, and I"ll be joining her. It's lovely being out in the woods again. We were out for an hour and a half collecting sap last night, and Caden loved it. I can't wait to see the pictures D took.

I'm gearing up for Easter and Caden's Easter basket. I made mock peanut butter eggs today. I think they'll taste similar enough, not that Caden knows the difference. I'm also expecting my order from Whey Out Chocolate this week. They make milkless milk chocolate using Dari Free (one of the best products ever created for those with dairy allergies). Caden will be getting a chocolate bunny and chocolate eggs. I am so thankful for www.kidswithfoodallergies.com for all the support and suggestions I get.

Today is Palm Sunday. I have tried throughout Lent to do daily devotionals, and I have failed miserably. My goal for this week is to do Holy Week devotionals every day, no excuses. This week is the most significant on the Christian calendar, and I hope to spend it with reflection and prayer. Blessings!

No comments: