Monday, November 24, 2008

McDonald's+Coffee=Blech

A couple months ago, I decided to try McDonald's new specialty coffees. I took a sip and threw it away. The espresso tasted like it had been making cups of joe all morning. Well, other people have talked about it being good and sales of their coffee are reportedly high, so I figured I just got a bad cup. I bravely decided to try it again this morning. It was just as gross.

Now, I'm hardly a coffee snob. I like just about any cup I get at any cafe. Yeah, I refuse to drink 12 month old coffee in a tin, like Folgers, but really I'm not that picky. Seriously, does my local McDonald's really just screw coffee up that much or do the people who buy it have no taste buds?

It might be at bargain prices, but its not worth $3 for a sip. Watch out Starbucks, here I come.

2 comments:

Katie Lou said...

I think there coffee is gag worthy. I hate it! My husband on the otherhand loves it, but he is strange. lol.

dulce de leche said...

I tried their mocha or something and had the same reaction. Yuck! However, I love their iced coffees.