Sunday, November 16, 2008

Babywearing makes me look like an official mom

Phew! I'm so glad that Motrin thinks that baby wearing makes me look "official". I guess the question is what makes a mom look "unofficial".

Motrin has a new ad on their website ( http://motrin.com/ ) and if I had rolled my eyes any harder they would have fallen out of my head. In essence, it boils baby wearing down to a passing fad, all about "looks" and fashion. M-kay. Never mind that other cultures have been doing it for thousands of years. And I hate to break it to Motrin, but baby wearing isn't a pain at all. If it is, then its being done wrong.

Motrin, your ad sucks. Surely there was a way to reach out to moms who need pain relief without trivializing a parenting method.

2 comments:

Katie Lou said...

I saw this. Motrin you STINK! And yesy I too wonder, what does a "offical" Mom look like??

*rolls eyes*

Tina Michelle said...

They so could have found a better way to relay the message that motrin makes the pain go away.