Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh, Spring, Where Art Thou?

So sick of winter. I'm absolutely desperate for at least 50 degree weather, dry ground, and sunshine. Oh what bliss would be mine, if we could just play outside. I'm anxious for the first robin and to see the first crocus push through the ground. I'm anxious to plant my spring veggies and smell the scents of spring.

These last few weeks are always the hardest.

I spent an evening last week, bored out of my mind, until I decided to google obscure cities in Nunavut, Canada. It was very interesting. As much as I bemoan the length of winter here in the midwest, I can't imagine the length of winter in the far north. I think it would be fascinating to visit there when its their spring. That will probably be an unfulfilled wish, but it would be an interesting experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And of course there's more snow today! We got slammed downriver for a change.