Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wow! Three Years!

I logged in today and noticed my last post was three years ago. So much has happened since then.

Shortly after I posted last, I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant for a third time. Our youngest, Tessa, joined our family in early December 2011. My husband graduated with his bachelor's degree in Youth Ministry two weeks later (well the official date was actually August, but he walked in December). In May of 2012, I lost my job as a resident director and we moved across the state.

My husband was offered a job at a small congregation and worked part time there and part time at Starbucks. After several months searching, I found a job working with a Girl Scouts council. Several months later, Jason accepted a full time job with a church in Texas. A dream come true! No more winters! Full time ministry! And the rest is history.

Caden is now eight and in second grade. Jonathan is five and in kindergarten. Tessa is now two. We've been down here for over a year now and love it. Our first winter was lovely!

I know work for another university in administration. I cannot seem to get away from higher education, but I love the students so much and the flow of university of life. Big or small, a college campus feels like home. I'm considering going back for a master's degree soon.

Whew! So that is the last three and half years in a nutshell. I hope to start posting more again. I've missed it so much. Smooches!

No comments: